Proper and regular maintenance is part of responsible car ownership, including owners of the Infiniti. It is much better to take care of your engine correctly than to reactively have to take it to your vehicle technicians when problems arise. If you take care of your Infiniti’s engine, you should have fewer repairs and problems that happen unexpectedly. In addition, by sticking to a maintenance schedule, you will save yourself time and money in the future.
Service Indicator Lights
All vehicles have a dashboard light system that tells you when there is some type of problem with the engine. In addition, most vehicles will either display a check engine light or a service engine light. Unfortunately, when a light like this comes on, some type of damage may have already occurred. This not only relates to a check engine light, but the dashboard warning lights can tell you other things that need to be serviced including:
- oil maintenance
- filter maintenance
- check tire pressure
Benefits of Regular Engine Maintenance
It is essential to take care of your engine from the moment you buy your vehicle. You should follow all the manufacturer’s recommendations of when to service your vehicle. Here are some benefits to keeping up with the regular maintenance of your Infiniti.
- Extend the life of your engine: When you adhere to the maintenance schedule provided, you will ensure that the engine remains healthy for as long as possible. When you do not take care of your engine properly, it could need to be rebuilt When dirt, oil, and other particles or substances get into your engine, they can wear away at hoses, belts, and components. Changing your oil and filters regularly is a small step that can really extend your engine’s life. You should also have regular tune-ups and inspections to ensure nothing else is negatively-impacting your engine.
- Save time and money: Routine maintenance will save you time and money in the long run. In addition, it is much easier and more efficient to follow the maintenance schedule and stick to it, rather than react every time a warning light comes on or see other signs or symptoms of trouble. The adage is that it’s easier and less expensive to be proactive than reactive when it comes to vehicle maintenance.
All problems start out small, but when these small issues go unaddressed, they become larger and more expensive to repair or even replace parts of your car. On the other hand, when you keep up with your engine’s overall needs, any potential problems will be caught right away. They will not have time to become expensive, time-consuming hassles.
- Have better gas mileage: Most vehicles, including the Infiniti, tout good gas mileage. Unfortunately, most people fail to understand that there is a delicate balance of all parts of the engine and everything that interacts with the engine to get the best gas mileage. If there is a problem with any part of this system, your gas mileage will suffer. However, by keeping up with regular maintenance and repairs, your miles per gallon should remain high.
- Increases Safety Levels: When you are consistently taking care of your car, fewer surprises will happen that may put you in danger. This includes having something break in your engine when you are driving. Depending on which part of your vehicle malfunctions or loses the ability to perform, it can be perilous for something to break, especially if you are traveling at high rates of speed.
- Keeps Car Value High: Suppose you are planning on reselling your car in the future. In that case, you will want all parts to be in the best possible condition, especially the engine. Maintaining your vehicle properly will not only provide you with a smooth and comfortable ride throughout your Infiniti ownership, but it will also allow you to get the highest resale value You can show the potential buyer your maintenance log so they have confidence you’ve been doing proper upkeep.
Let the Pros at Swedish Auto Service Help You
Contact Swedish Auto Service to set up a maintenance schedule for your Infiniti today. Our skilled technicians are always happy to serve all our customers, including drivers and owners from Cedar Park, Round Rock, Leander, and Austin, TX. We have been Austin’s automotive experts since 1993. Stop by or call us today to set up a convenient appointment!
* Infiniti FX35 image credit goes to: DarthArt.